Displaying posts published in

August 2011

Simplify Your Caching By Using a Generic Method




I needed to add caching to my data access routines to improve the performance of commonly accessed data.  This is pretty straightforward: Check to see if the cache entry already exists If the cache entry does exist, return the cached value If the cached entry doesn’t exist, fetch the data and add it to the […]






Performance Profiling a SharePoint 2010 Project using EQATEC Profiler




I wanted to profile a SharePoint 2010 project i’d been working on, in order to find some of the slower methods so that they could be improved.  I decided to give EQATEC Profiler a try since it had some good recommendations on StackOverflow and was FREE. EQATEC works by modifying and rebuilding your assemblies.  Since […]






Search Refinement Panel Web Part “Show More” Link Not Working




I recently discovered that the “Show More” link on the Search Refinement Panel web part had stopped working, seemingly out of the blue.  With a bit of debugging I discovered that the functions defined in the onclick event: were returning “Object Expected”.  For some reason the functions were no longer defined. I eventually figured out […]